query: ?category=28 (Only one item found.)
join me for Tech-Talk Tuesday2012-06-21 @ 11:34
every two weeks, Layer 7 provides an informal online meet-up called Tech-Talk Tuesdays for developers and product managers interested in all things API. as Layer 7's newly minted API Architiect, i have the pleasure to join Matt McClarty for the June 26th event.
this is not a lecture or taped presentation; it's a real-time interactive convo between Matt and myself and everyone who joins in the event.
June 26 - Designing Flexible APIs
this coming Tuesday the topic is "Designing Flexible APIs" and below are my suggested topics for the session:
- Employing the USE methodology for your API (Usable, Scalable, Evolvable)
- When (and when NOT) to version your HTTP API
- Supporting multiple formats for your API (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Designing the Message format (not the URI format) for your HTTP API
- Planning for Re-usability for your HTTP API
- The Power of Hypermedia as a design element for your HTTP API
hopefully, these topics pique your interest and you'll tune and join us. you can post questions, comments, suggestions for additional topics, etc. using:
the session will be recorded so, even if you can't make it, you can send in your questions/comments ahead of time and check the playback once it's posted.
i'm looking forward to a lively convo and a chance to meet you next Tuesday.